Project Development Cycle
Due to their easy transportability and quick deployment, apart from being
adopted for conventional or any special purpose use these structures are
specially suited for area where there is a need for rapid deployment,
description of especially in disaster zone which is affected by a natural
catastrophe. This application of such structures was very well demonstrated
after the earthquake of October 08, 2005 has brought wide spread destruction in
five Districts of North West Frontier Province, namely Abbottabad, Mansehra,
Battagram, Kohistan and Shangla, and four districts of Azad Jammu & Kashmir,
namely Muzaffarabad, Neelum, Bagh & Poonch. Besides causing large scale
damages/destruction in other fields, it has also severely damaged/destroyed
running educational institutions comprising primary, middle, high, higher
secondary schools, colleges and universities in almost all affected districts.
Much work has been done in reconstruction of all such basic infrastructure using
the method outlined here.
A usual pre-fabricated project Contract comprises of the design, manufacture,
supply and installation of light gauge cold formed pre-engineered structure and
remedying of any defects therein. Added with the provisions of all labor,
materials, equipments, plant and everything whether of the temporary or
permanent nature required in and for such execution, completion and remedying of
defects so far as the necessity for providing the same is specified or can
reasonably are inferred from the Project Contract.
At Gold Roof (Pvt) Ltd the structures with all their accessories are designed,
manufactured, shipped and erected by personal, who are specialists in their
respective fields. Gold Roof (Pvt) Ltd also supplies and installs all other
items which are necessary for proper completion of the works/Facilities. The
maximum weight of the parts of the buildings are designed to assemble by
manpower only and are light enough to be easily handled by the local labor. The
structure is designed in modular form for any changes in future.
Major Steps of a Project
A normal pre-fabricated structure project will be undertaken in following
Here it must be mentioned that these mentioned tasks are just a rough outline of
a general project they may very from project to project and contract related to
- Initial survey of the proposed site.
Verification of Topographic Survey of Sites
- Necessary geotechnical investigations to establish foundation and retaining wall
design parameters. These Geotechnical Investigations may comprise of:
- Qualitative Evaluation Data Form
- Detailed Geotechnical Investigations for review and approval
- Identification of requirements with all stakeholders (Employer, Consultant,
related Department, Other Engineering & Line Departments etc.)
- Preparation of Layout Plans and architectural details to suit site specific
requirements including location, orientation, configuration, topography and land
availability etc. giving due consideration to aesthetics and acceptability by
the local population, end user and other stakeholders
- Structural Design of all proposed elements including sub and super structure,
retaining/breast walls and compound/boundary walls and its approval from the
- Design of internal electrification, water supply/plumbing and sewerage including
pumps, septic tanks, soakage pits etc. and its approval from the concerned
- Design and construction of external electrification, water supply and sewerage
system and its approval from the concerned party.
- Dismantling of existing damaged structures (sub & super structures) and rubble
removal at suitable locations.
- Clearing the site from debris, shrubs, removal of tress including roots, stumps
etc., leveling and dressing including excavation and making the site ready for
- Construction of foundations, provision and erection of fast track steel
superstructure (fabricated using automatic plants and erected using Gold Roof
(Pvt) Ltd patent / recommended connections), cladding with insulation, roofing,
electrification, water supply and sewerage system, water proofing, painting etc.
complete in all respects. The provision and construction of retaining/breast
walls (wherever required) and compound/boundary wall with entrance gate.
- Provision of other accessories as the project may require like:
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Lightning Protection System
- Rain Water Harvesting System
- Solar or Wind Energy solutions etc.