Key Benefits of EPS Construction
The EPS panel system offers a cost effective answer to rising construction
- Interlocking panel system ensures installation is quick and easy.
- Fully bonded with rolled, coated steel, the joint details and design are
critical in protecting the EPS core.
- The EPS panel system is accepted as deemed-to-satisfy by the building codes.
The panel system does not start or cause fires and has not been banned anywhere
in the World.
- A high proportion of fires are caused by bad house keeping.
- Installation methods and the structural support play significant role in the
fire performance of all composite sandwich panel systems.
- The core material is a self extinguishing grade EPS.
- All building materials, not just EPS are assessed according to the room fire
test AS/1SO9705. This large scale fire test was introduced to accurately
assess the performance of all building materials in a real-life fire situation.
- EPS panel systems when installed correctly are capable of the best possible
reaction to- fire performance, indicating a low likelihood of the material
becoming involved in a growing fire.
- The EPS panel system is the economic, fit for purpose insulated panel.
- Easy and quick to install
- Excellent load and span capabilities
- Significant savings in site installation costs
- Panel comes in a range of aesthetically pleasing colors
- Standard cover width of 1200mm
- Panel thicknesses from 38mm to 300mm
- Energy saving thermal insulation
- Superior air tightness for controlled environments
- Good reaction to fire properties
- Durable, long lasting, stood the test of time in the extremes of the climate.
Temperature controlled manufacturing, storage or food processing facilities
are ideal applications for the EPS panel system. The truth is that EPS panel
systems continue to be an accepted solution, now and into the future.
- Based on Light Structure Steel
- Highly Customizable
- High Fire, Wind and Quake Resistance
- Confirming to International Standards
- Rust Proof Coating on all Exposed Areas
- Quick and Easy Installation
- Efficient Insulation
- Earthquake resistance 8.5 R-S
Concrete and Pre-Fabricated Construction
One of the basic bench marks that need to be test for any kind of construction
is to compare it with conventional concrete structures. The table below gives
such a comparative summary of the features of both construction methods.
Low Per ft2 Cost
Easy Transport to Any Area
Resistance up to 8.5 on Richter Scale on Standard Construction
Can be Erected
in a Day After Shipment
High Per ft2 Cost
Difficult to Construct
in Remote Areas
Lower Quake Resistance (to improve
resistance major cost addition)
Longer Construction Duration
EPS Panel General Features
All the detailed features about the EPS Sandwich panels will be discussed in the
Products section, but some of the general features of EPS Panels are:
- Panel thickness 200mm to 50mm
- Panel weight 15 kg/m3
- Steel Sheet Thickness 0.45 mm to 0.75 mm
- Operational temperature -30° to +55° centigrade
- Load 80 kg/m2
- Max Span 4.96 m